Ulla Nolden is an artist, designer and writer.
She investigates the fragile beauty found at the margins of everyday reality.
Her tools are digital animation, photography and written words.
She lives in London and Düsseldorf.
GROUP EXHIBITIONS & SCREENINGS
• WINDOW PROJECT 2012-18, Gazelli Art House, London, August 2018
• ATHENS DIGITAL ARTS FESTIVAL, Athens, May 2017
• CAIRO VIDEO FESTIVAL, Medrar for Contemporary Art, Cairo, February 2017
• FUTURE FEST, London, Sept 2016
• DIGITAL CANVAS, Adiacenze, Bologna, July 2016
• FILM STRIPPING, Centrum [contemporary art space], Berlin, June 2016
• DIGITAL CANVAS, ikonoTV, Berlin, May 2016
• DIGITAL CANVAS, Industry City Art Gallery, New York, Apr 2016
• SOUND / IMAGE, Stephen Lawrence Gallery, London, Nov – Dec 2015
• EXCEPT/ON, Goldsmiths, London, Sep 2015
• FUTURE GRAPHICS, Victoria & Albert Museum, London, Sep 2014
• TESTSIGNAL, Hotel Elephant, London, Sep 2014
• FUTURE FEST ART PRIZE, FutureFest and s[edition], Sept 2016
• DIGITAL CANVAS, ikono.TV, Mar 2016
• WINDOW PROJECT AWARD, Gazelli Art House, Winter 2015/6
MA Computational Arts
Goldsmiths College, University of London, with distinction, 2013 – 2015
BA Media Production Design
University of the Arts London, with first-class honours, 1991 – 1995
University of Applied Sciences, Düsseldorf, 1989 – 1991
RHS Level 2 Principles of Horticulture, 2021 – 2022
Digital artist & Motion Designer
fine art & commercially for corporate and broadcast clients, since 1996
Writer [plant related subjects]
for various publications, since 2021
ulla at nolden dot com