Ulla Nolden is an artist, designer and writer.
She investigates the fragile beauty found at the margins of everyday reality.
Her tools are digital animation, photography and written words.
She lives in Düsseldorf and London.
GROUP EXHIBITIONS & SCREENINGS
• WINDOW PROJECT 2012-18, Gazelli Art House, London, August 2018
• ATHENS DIGITAL ARTS FESTIVAL, Athens, May 2017
• CAIRO VIDEO FESTIVAL, Medrar for Contemporary Art, Cairo, February 2017
• FUTURE FEST, London, Sept 2016
• DIGITAL CANVAS, Adiacenze, Bologna, July 2016
• FILM STRIPPING, Centrum [contemporary art space], Berlin, June 2016
• DIGITAL CANVAS, ikonoTV, Berlin, May 2016
• DIGITAL CANVAS, Industry City Art Gallery, New York, Apr 2016
• SOUND / IMAGE, Stephen Lawrence Gallery, London, Nov – Dec 2015
• EXCEPT/ON, Goldsmiths, London, Sep 2015
• FUTURE GRAPHICS, Victoria & Albert Museum, London, Sep 2014
• TESTSIGNAL, Hotel Elephant, London, Sep 2014
• FUTURE FEST ART PRIZE, FutureFest and s[edition], Sept 2016
• DIGITAL CANVAS, ikono.TV, Mar 2016
• WINDOW PROJECT AWARD, Gazelli Art House, Winter 2015/6
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Motion Graphic Designer and Art Director
for corporate and broadcast clients, since 1996
MA Computational Arts
Goldsmiths College, University of London, with distinction, 2013 – 2015
BA Media Production Design
University of the Arts London, with first-class honours, 1991 – 1995
University of Applied Sciences, Düsseldorf, 1989 – 1991
Horticulture: RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Horticulture
2021 – 2022
ulla at nolden dot com